Decals and Car Washes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Ellis

Reaction score
For any of you that have windsheild decals or other body decals....Do you ever run your car wash through one of those auto quick car washes?? I have feared that it might mess up the decal if i run it through one...

I've got SST's "Chops" pinstripe flames on my Trac, and I've run it through car washes many times. Never had a problem.

If it installed properly you will never have an issue. I have a ton of decals.

Todd Z

I have a Ford windshield decal and a Batman sticker on the rear window and I've never had problems. My wife, on the other hand, has lost a few of those magnetic "support our troops" things off the back of her minivan in the car wash, but those aren't really stickers I guess.

Automatic car washes? Your poor Trac. Hand washing is the only safe way to clean a vehicle without scratching it.

Not a problem. I would hand wash my Trac but I have better things to do with my spare time.

Tom

I go to the laser wash...touch free no brushes and does a great job even on black. I love spending all day on a Sunday washing, drying, and waxing...but in the winter here in Ohio...$8 a pop at the laser wash you can't beat it!

I sometimes use the no-touchy wash in the winter, never had a problem with stick-on decals. The magnetic ones won't stay on though.

Latest posts