Denial?? Possibilities??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Reyes

Reaction score
New Service Messages: Clear Coat Paint Cracking by Mark & Dawn, 8/20/2002 22:23 ET

Category - Recalls and Service Bulletins

OK fellow ST'ers. Here's the latest and greatest from the world of Ford on their OASIS broadcast messages. If anyone needs a copy of the TSB mentioned let me know and I will scan and input it to my library.

Mark

3515 - 1999-2002 EXPLORER/MOUNTAINEER, 2000-2002 EXPLORER SPORT/SPORT TRAC - PAINT - PREMATURE CLEARCOAT CRACKING - SERVICE TIPS

SOME VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT CROWSFOOT OR PREMATURE STAR CRACKING PRIMARILY

ON THE HOOD, BUT COULD ALSO BE ON OTHER PANELS. THIS IS DUE TO HIGH PAINT

FILM BUILD AND ACRYLIC MELAMINE PAINT TECHNOLOGY. READ THE TSB IN ITS

ENTIRETY BEFORE BEGINNING ANY REPAIRS. INSPECT AND REPAIR AS OUTLINED

IN THE TSB SERVICE PROCEDURES. SEE TSB 02-17-01 ON OASIS AND QCDEALER.COM

FOR DETAILS.

This was the message posted earlier on the board, as I posted on a message titled "Screwed By Ford?" I have had quite abit of problems with the paintjob cracking as it is all over the entire car. I had spoken to them and waited over two months for a representative to contact me with no successs so I did the next best thing and called the Ford company itself with a number off of the Ford.com website for assistance with this matter. Know what they said about this TSB Report? It doesnt exist, and it never did....Kind of funny isnt it. But I think I belive Mark and Dawn, as I read off this post to them and posted that quite a few vehicles off of this site had a similar problem as mine with their paintjob the woman on the phone could not really argue that the TSB Report did exist, and that there was/is a problem.

Quite ashame really, because I did check my vehicles past reconds to see if it had ever been in a wreck and repainted, but it hasnt.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has this TSB To fax to me, or something on hard copy available. It would probably help alot thanks.

p.s. and for anyone buying a used Ford vehicle, dont buy an extended warrenty for thousands of dollars unless you know that the vehicles current warrenty is up. When I spoke with the Ford Rep a Warrenty can be transfered over names for $50 dollars, not $1400 like Lawley Ford here in Sierra Vista, Arizona tried to do to me.:angry:

Latest posts