didn't think it would do that.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
I got bored and took my silencer out of my airbox the other day. I didn't drive it until today and i cranked it up and naturally looked at my rpm's. Instead of the usual sounding like it's about to die 500 rpm's it had 1500! I reved it and it revs faster(meaning it reaches 3000 rpms 3 times faster). I'm not sure, but is that supposed to happen?

IF you accidentally shorted the black with red stripe wire to the body of the truck you opened the "Holy S" circuit on the ignition and made the truck 10 HP faster............

Todd Z

Seriously, You may just be hearing the sound of the air going into the engine and you think it is doing something...... You may have gained 1 HP.....

ok then don't believe me. Ans i reaaly think your starting to be a smart elic, because i asked if there was any other way to lower the front and and you told me let the air out of my tires and put sand bags under the hood

There is nothing wrong with a little sarcasm and/or humor. Like Tiger said I love reading this stuff makes me chuckle. I haven't been a member for long so I dont know any history here but I'm guessing its all in good fun.

not really good fun... Everybody does it all the time just because i'm younger....search for "tyler" in the search on this forum and see wht i've gone through

because i asked if there was any other way to lower the front and and you told me let the air out of my tires and put sand bags under the hood

Dang, it looks like I missed a good post.

I didn't ask to tear up my truck though did I?

All you asked for was a way to lower other than doing a torsion twist, and you were provided with a suitable answer. It may have not been the best advice, but it would have worked. :)

In all seriousness, like firedog said, it's all done in good fun. Don't take it so personally, just run with it.

Sutible answer?

suit‧a‧ble  /ˈsutəbəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[soo-tuh-buhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective such as to suit; appropriate; fitting; becoming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1505–15; suit + -able]

—Related forms

suit‧a‧bil‧i‧ty, suit‧a‧ble‧ness, noun

suit‧a‧bly, adverb

—Synonyms proper, befitting, seemly, apt.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

And it wastes my time

Seriously, You may just be hearing the sound of the air going into the engine and you think it is doing something...... You may have gained 1 HP.....

Just checking since it seems to me that some one did not read the rest of my post.........

Also IF you search air silencer you will find a ton of posts saying what I just did above...

You get what you dish and cant Handel it.... Thats OK.....

I did answer your question with a correct response,, I could have just left the sarcastic sentence.....

Todd Z

I'm not so sure you were...lol.

Which reminds me...are you bagged yet? Why not? Slacker...your bike don't need new wheels! You need to throw sparks, bish!