Diesel V10 Touraeg

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
The wife wants a 07 Diesel Passat wagon but apparently were going to have to wait till 08 for a diesel in the passat again. (tbd) BUT...

I slipped into a V10 Diesel Touraeg last night. Ooooooo...myyyyy........

now I gotta go home and clean the IAC because the trac was looking right at us through the dealership window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Touraegs are nice vehicles. Can't say much on the reliability, as I haven't seen too many either in, or out of, the shop. VW seems to have alot of problems with thier small cars, the Bug Golf and Jettas, but the fullsize stuff seems to be a bit better. I really like the looks of the fullsize, but there is a slight freshening coming for later this year, as a 2007.5 model.

My 2000 Jetta is at 190K miles, and the only things I have had to replace have been a brake caliper and a wheel bearing..

cheers,

Yeah, and there is the whole "v10" thing. I find myself torn between "toy" and being "enviromentally responsible".

Now.. If I could garuntee that the greasy spoon down the street will generate at least 35 gallons of waste oil a week.....hum......

Like Andy G, we have had multiple VW's in my family get to extreamly high milage (dads jetta is at 300,000 miles) and has had no major issues, I had 200,000 miles on mine when I sold it and it has no issues what so ever.

Yukaputz, come on, it is a TDI, it will be good for the environment. :D

Don't get me wrong, the overall quality of a VW is quite good, but having worked in an import garage, VWs and Audis were never in short supply. But, just like any other company, they have thier lemons and thier stand-outs. I'd love to have some models of VW and Audis...

A local VW dealer here in Charleston, SC, is doing a 2-for-1 deal: buy and Touraeg and get a Jetta free. Kind of makes me wonder why things would be so bad for VW...