Difference between job 1 and job 2 for 2001

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll use this thread as it has good detail for this topic and was recently brought up again.

Ive always wondered what the heck my 01 ST is, Job 1 or 2. I definitely have the Job 1 engine but my VIN number shows it made in Louisville on Feb 2001? Though I have some Job 2 things like white dash plate with black numbering’s. But then it came with 15” steels instead of 16” and had the 235 stock Firestones on it.

I am the second owner, bought in 03 from Ford used at 30000kms, it did not come with a door sticker oddly enough and they told me it was a Job 1.

So maybe I’m a Job 1 hybrid? Wish I knew, still bugs me after owning it still for almost 20 years. Anyone have any thoughts or help?

@Kale D
Best to NOT trust the Rims or Tires; you're the 2nd owner & they're too easily changed.
Which of the 2 previous engine pics does your engine look like?
If your IntakeManifold looks like a pretzel, you've got a 2001 Job1; if not it's a 2001 Job2.
If your OilFill spout is on the Left Drivers ValveCover, you've got a 2001 Job1;
if it's on the Right Passenger ValveCover, you've got a 2001 Job2.
Which SpinOn OilFilter Threads? EnglishStandard is 2001 Job1, MetricStandard is 2001 Job2.

Also possible several items had been replaced by Ford\Dealer\1stOwner before you bought it;
the 1st owner sold it for a reason?

Last edited:
It’s the Job 1 engine for sure. The tires I mentioned as they were the originals, the first owner never swapped them, same wheels and tires from new.

Strange the Door Label was pulled,
like the Ford dealer was hiding something.

For some reason I always thought the same as well. Between what the VIN tells me, to the engine and to some other weird things, I’ve never truly known the build date but just assumed it is a Job 1.

I did VIN checks and Carfax when I bought it, everything on the vehicle is clean. Still running strong 20 years later though.

Yep strange for sure, but looks like your married to this truck by now!
Give thanks for such a long lasting vehicle & do what you can to keep it running another ?years!
240kMiles+ on my 2001 here; bought it as 2ndOwner with 10kMiles.

Yeah just a pet peeve I have with it, minor issue.

Just put new shocks on the other day, not sure who has owned a ST for the longest but I’m gunning for the record lol

You’ve got an 01, you know what I’m talking about!

Latest posts