differential-carrier main cap support bolts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray McIntireJr

Reaction score
Been looking at a new diff cover & some have what is called a carrier main cap support bolts, and was wondering if these were so important why they didn't come stock and if they would be needed on a ST with a v-6. I would assume they would be for a higher HP application than mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one but not really needed on a trac, The upside for me was a girdle allows about 1 pint more capacity, your diff runs 15% cooler and it has a magnetic drain plug.

Yeah, I have put 300+ RWHP into a rear with a stock cover with no issues.... They are great for Stick trannys and high HP applications...

Also for as Bill said, cooling and extra fluid..

Todd Z

That is a good price. First time I change my fluid I will buy one, just for extra fluid and drain and fill plug location. If you push your trac hard like I do. The bearing cap support will be a bonus.

MAC prooducts also make one for about the same price. I cant see paying the high price of the Ford racing one and a few others.

I think the TF is what I have too !! LOL

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Here's the MAC cover. Looks like it's about the same price as the Summit cover.

[Broken External Image]:

I remember seeing the trick flow covers for $185 in my Mustang mags. I guess they droped the price, 'cause of competition.