Differential cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Not too long ago someone mentioned an aftermarket rear differential cover; it was black with silver ribs. I'm going to be replacing the fluid in my rear diff. and I'm interested in getting thos aftermarket cover.

Anybody know what I'm talkin about? Also, which particular application/part# would be for my 04, 2WD, 4.10.

Thanks!!!

www.yourcovers.com

Todd Z

Thanks, that's the one! Is this the right app for me?:

Ford 8.8" Ring Gear, 10 Bolt

Differential Cover P/N 9519

I honestly like the girdle covers better, They strengthen the caps rather then just add fluid capacity..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

I would go for the one made by, MAC. $50 cheaper and works exactly the same as the Trick Flow..

Last edited by a moderator:
If your gonna do it do it right and go with Todds idea, just make sure that you don't crank down the preload bolts for the caps to tight.

Thanks for the feedback and links folks!

I take it, to replace the OEM diff cover, I simply remove it altogether and let the old fluid drain? Then install the new cover and fill?

What kind and how much fluid? What are the torque specs and and is there enough clearance for work with the rear swaybar installed?

Thanks in advnace...

remove, let the old drain out, clean out the pumpkin well with brake cleaner.

thoroughly clean the old RTV, thats what most people use, I used gaskets with coppercoat.

Swaybar will be fine for clearance.

Put RTV on all the bolts as the threaded hole go's into the carrier, remember to back out the carrier Bolts all the way before you tighten the cover bolts.

And ck with the manufacturer, that TQ spec I gave avove could be in. lbs, I forgot which.

Put RTV on the carrier bolts also.

I used Royal purple.