Do you know about brake light!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so I have an 04 Sport Trac and everytime I take off the brake light comes on my truck is not send any code or anything so now one can tell me when this happenes and sometime as soon as I start my truck its on and than I can floor it and it gose off but only after I floor it.

I have dissconected the line and try that I have also took the pedal down and it dose it no matter what I try.

Anyhelp would be great thanks

Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your parking brake, it may not be up all the way. Does the light come back on after awhile or only when you start it up? Need more info to go by.

Yes i have checked my parking brake and I have disconnected the line but it happenes no matter what i try

yes it comes on everytime I take off or if I am driving and I floor it it will come on untill I let off

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm... my ST did that aswell awhile back, i just had to add some brake fluid...

used DOT 4 cuz it was on sale lol

no problems now...

Shawn, I know you checked the fluid level, but was it at the top line or just near the bottom line. If anywhere near the bottom, try putting some in till it gets to the top line. It may not be very low, but may be low enough for it to shift enough to give you the light. When my light came on, there was fluid in there and it was above the "low" line but closer to it than the "full" line. It was just low enough to cause the light when braking/taking off, but high enough to shut the light off during normal driving.

Also sounds like a fluid level to me. I had a car that would light up the brake warning light on hard right turns....found it was the fluid level shifting.

If it turns out the fluid is low in the master cylinder reservoir, Look for the reason it is low.

While you can't rule out a leak in the system, most of the time it is because the brakes are worn and most of the fluid is now out in the slave cylinders. It would be a good idea to check your brakes for wear.

I am with low fluid as well.

When you take off, the fluid moves, this allows for the sensor to drop a bit and trigger your brake light.

Add fluid and see if it goes away.

Thanks for the thumbs up on my truck Shawn. I was lucky enough to stumble across the rear Sport bar on eBaymotors and it turned out that a former member was trying to sell it and the matching front bar since he sold his Trac. You can get the rear sport bar from a company called Tal & Hadas, not sure if they still sell them stateside, their out of Israel. I was lucky enough to get it for $150 and the cost of the road trip up to Grand Rapids, Mi.. As for the lift, it's a 2" Torsion Twist up front, Warrior Products lift Shackles in the rear and a 3" Performance Accessories body lift that I bought from another member for $200. He bought it but decided not to insatll it so I bought it from him. The whole lift was pretty easy to do, simple hand tools and a helper for the B.L. (if you can, use air tools) it would've made it a walk in the park, but I went old skool knuckle bustin' on them bolts. Gotta love Pa. rust on bolt threads. If you have any question's feel free to ask, if you email me, use [email protected]. My phone instantly lets me know when I get mail. I don't go on Hotmail that often. Good luck with solving the brake light issue.

:smile0006:

OK guys everyone was right there was air in the lines I bled out the lines it out and the brake floud was very low and when i would take off it shifted ..

Thanks so much for your guys help

Shawn

lol Mine was doing the same thing last month or so. I added some fluid and it went away. Good to see you fixed your issue!

Side Note:

When the fluid is that low, it normally means one of two things. Either the front pads are worn substantially and the pistons had slid a decent way out of the calipers, thus the fluid filling the void. Or,,, the rear shoes (if you have drums) are far enough out of adjustment that the wheel cylinder pistons are expanded out, thus the fluid filling the void...

Latest posts