Dog Truck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo Wainwright

Reaction score
Anyone that has a dog(s) knows how nice the Sport Track is with it's fold down back seat. Well, no matter how many blankets I put back there, I kept getting dog hair on the back of the rear seat. Seemed they (Molly or Peanut) always had to move the blanket so it was not covering the whole back of the seat.l

Well, I have been saving up my husbands worn out jeans and finally found a use for them. I made a quilt and put 3 scissor snaps on one end and then two elastic trips on the other. The scissor snaps clip into the openings behind the back seat and the elastic fits around the head rests once the seats are down to keep the dogs from moving the blanket. Now this is what I call recycling !!!;)

JO

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

:cool:

We found an item called an Automobile Backseat Hammock Protector. It has loops / straps that fit over the front and rear head rests, and has velcro near the front of the rear seats which you just undo when someone needs to sit back there; it also has slits (velcroed) for the seat belts.

I have a big lab and she can't ride with the back seats down. She falls all over the place. I got a back seat cover that snaps in and is easy to install and remove. Nice job on the cover.

that is pretty darn creative. possibly a marketable product with adaptations to other vehicles. Necessity is the mother of invention!!

Awesome job on the seat cover!

I'd make one, but lack the sewing ability!

Be cool to use all the back pockets from red tab

Levis! Then you could hide dog biscuits in them too!

That looks cool, nice job. I floded an old blanket in two, sewn the edges up, put it over the seats down and tuck the extra between the seat cushions at the doors. I also made foam blocks with 1/4" plywood on top and covered them with material to stuff in the Gen 2 void between the seats and back wall. The seats will go back up with them in place too. My Shepherd loves the set up.

Nice!! You should market these. I have been looking for a solution as I have a Husky and you wanna talk about hair!! I am leaning to replacing my tonnoua cover with a cap so she has room in the back and not hair in the Trac.

Nicely done!

Do you take any orders for that quilt?

I have plenty of old jeans to use :lol::lol:

Seriously-thats a great idea and its well executed.

I've got two huskies, and I finally gave up on having them inside. I went the cap route, too. The quilt idea is about 1000X less expensive, though-nice work!

That quilt looks nice, and the hooks to the child seat anchors is ingenious!

Great idea. A great solution using old clothes.:cool:

I'm curious about one thing, though: Does nobody else use a seat belt harness when their dogs ride along? I've always used them with my dogs. It keeps them under control and prevents them from jumping and shuffling all over the vehicle, and more importantly, keeps them safe. I've used them with my last three dogs ever since they were puppies, so they don't know any different. As a matter of fact, all I have to do is get the harness out of the cabinet and show it to Merlyn (who'll be 16 years old this summer), and he goes nuts, 'cause he knows he's getting to go for a ride. :banana:

[Broken External Image]:

To tell you the truth, I did not even know what was behind the 3 little doors in back of the back seat until I was making the throw for the back. One reason I used the blue jeans was because they were durable and hair would not get inbetween the weave like it does on blankets.

Thanks for everyones comments on the throw.

I do have a car seat for the little dog when I take her in the car and it secures with the seat belt and then then has a strap that I connect to her harness. She is one that is usually all over the car if she is by herself and tries to be in your lap. When she rides in the Sport Trac with the big dog (Wirehaired Pointer) she stays in the back

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts