Dome Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double D

Reaction score
Hey guys, My '08 Limited's dome light has started coming on. Usually after door close and start up it will fade normally then restore to 'on'. If I'm not moving I can reopen my door, close it and then the light fades out. On rarer occasions I'll be driving and it will come on for a minute or so and then fade. Anyone have this happen? I believe I'm still in my warranty period but a trip to the dealership is a PIA. Thanks in advance for any input.

Try spraying white Lith lube in the lock side of the door.....

The switch is in there.... IF not i believe a courtesy module or something like that could be bad....

Does the door ajar light come on too ?

Todd Z

I have an 08 Adrenelin that does the exact same thing. Sometimes it just comes on randomly, other times it will come on when I hit a bump. Its annoying and frustrating. I had it into the dealership, but they were not able to recreate the problem. ( of course) Would love the know what the solution is!

I've been having the same exact issue with my 08 STA, but have yet to take it into the dealer . . .

(see my thread below)

Honestly, I don't have 100% confidence with Ford to accurately troubleshoot the issue, so I was hoping, with time, I could trouble shoot it myself to point Ford in the right direction.

It could be a grounding issue, connector, the components in the door, the ignition (tumbler), etc.

So far the only thing I've noticed is when it happens & I open/shut the driver's door, it turns off every time . . . it could just be a coincidence and not necessarily the components in the driver's door though.

Next time it happens, I plan to try another door. If that works on another door, then I can eliminate door hardware as the culprit . . . . maybe then I'll take it to Ford . . .

Let us know if you find anything out . . .

Latest posts