Door Alignment problem caused by rotten Body mounts?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tylerxp2

Stock Adrenaline Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys all of a sudden my rear Drivers Side Passenger Door is a struggle to get open. The other doors need a near slam to close.
Anyone notice better Door alignment after replacing the Rotten Body Mounts?

Yes.
On my truck... Passenger-side rear door was a bear to open. Drivers-side rear was tough but not as bad as the passenger-side. Passenger-side front was sticking pretty bad. Drivers-side front has a floppy handle and unlocking was getting very difficult. Replaced all the body mounts and it all went away, other than the floppy handle but it actually unlocks now without having to push extremely hard on it. My daughter no longer needs help getting the doors open.

+2. New body mounts make a HUGE difference for door alignment. If the door strikers were ever loosened and adjusted with failing body mounts they may have to be tweaked again. If needed, adjust on level ground and outline striker positions with a Sharpie using a T-50 Torx socket tightened @ 30 ft/lbs.

Could be the handle and mechanism too, Look how the door lines up, Feel how it closes, Could be bad hinges too...

The Door Mechanism Was my first thought all so. Then I looked for what might be the cause. The body mounts are falling apart. Like the thermostat housing, Ford really dropped the ball on the quality of the rubber used on them, just garbage...
Thanks for verification of my Problem. It came on fast and I knew there had to be a cause for all the doors to be screwed up from a little to a lot.

Latest posts