Door locks won't turn

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Easley

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Alright so right now my Trac is the worst get-a-way car because of the fact that my key wont unlock my locked doors when I insert it into the door lock. I can giggle the key or just do a forced turn and it still wont unlock on either the driver or passenger side door. Any ideas? I am having to now use the punch pad to get into the car because I don't have the key fobs.

Would it be expensive to replace the door locks/I don't really know what to do.

Thanks,

:cry:

J.B.

Some times have a NON coded cheep key made and use that one with penetrating oil and lubricant.

Todd Z

For one thing, you need to use the key in the lock once in a while. They will corrode and freeze up if you don't. I had to have a body shop remove the door and trunk lock cylinders on a used Mustang I got for my son and I took them to a locksmith to have them disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled. The previous owner apparently never used them and relied on the key fob. Which is fine until the key fob battery dies. It didn't cost a lot, but it was a hassle. Spraying all the WD-40 in the world into them didn't help.

Latest posts