Door Panel swap for 2007

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverHeight g

Reaction score
Hi, we are looking at buying an 07 ST and getting rid of our 02 ST. The only thing we don't like about the 07 is that when you open the door from the inside, the grab handle is down below the armrest instead of up where the door handle is.

Has anyone swaped the door panels out for a newer one with the grab handle intergrated into the armrest?

we would look at an 08 but they are 4-5k more up here in BC.

Thanks!

07 had to different door handles. Earlier ones had the lower handle and the later had proper handle... hope this make sence

yeah two different 07's. Early 07's had no rear power window and crappy handles. Later 07's had rear power window and proper handles. My ST build date is 05-07 and has proper handles. When shopping i had seen an earlier 07 with build date of 06 and it had no rear power window and the crappy handles....

I didn't like it at first, but have gotten used to it over time. Now I don't even notice it or think about it. Mine also has a rear sliding window. I had an '01 with it before, and waiting until the day I could order my '07 with it. Dealer called me in the day it was available in the order system.

I think the peice just lifts out of the door and you could just swap it easily...... Or just get panels from a newer one...

The door metal is the same..

Todd Z

Latest posts