Door panel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Stuhlsatz

Reaction score
I am thinking I need to fix the rivet problem on the pasenger door lock. I hear the mechanism floppying around when I close the door. My question is. How do I get the door panel off without tearing things up? I will probably use a screw driver. Does anyone have pictures or locations of the spring clips I assume that is holding the panel on?:unsure:

there will be 2 swrews (7mm) by the door handle and also one more towards the bottom of the door panel. there is a small bezel around the handle that needs to come off as well. after those are removed find a gap around the edge and pull towards you to release the pop clips. once the pop clips are removed lift the panel over the door lock and remove the harnesses on the reverse side. there you go. follow it in reverse to put on.

Be careful to push up to remove the panel once all the screws and clips are removed. There is one more plastic hook holding the extended piece at the top front that will break if you pull off instead of up. I learned the hard way.... :(

Thanks guys! I fixed the door lock in 3 hours. Now if I didn't ask then it would of took me 9 hours and a bar of soap in my mouth! The hardest part was trying to remove the rivet from the mechanism.