Door Sills No good..... (Ebay alum ones)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Tried to install them today.

They are shorter than the plastic ones and show the mounting holes through them...

You could mount them on top of the plastic cover, but that doesn't look good to me..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Bummer . . Rig up some kind of black carpet or something underneath and mount it like that? ? They look really sharp . . shame they don't fit.

I am not going to bother to return them, they were only 4.99,,,,,

I might contact SST for a piece of colored vinyl and install that then try the sills...

Don't know yet...

Todd Z

Thanks for the being a tester todd :D. I was gonna get some too. That is weird they dont fit, and what a shame, because they look good.

Boodro

Todd,

How about a powder-coated black or other color thin metal plate underneath the Sport Trac plate. It could be made long enough to cover the holes and could actually be a pretty neat color accent???

...Rich

Todd, I wasn't sure if they would work for the sill.But do you think they might look good on the doors in place of the explorer lettering or just use one on the tailgate.How thick are they._Ron

I got them a while ago and found they didnt fit. I put one of them on the panel behind the radiator support. It classes up the joint. Just my answer to a poorly thought out piece.

Peter

Just a shot in the dark, but I bet those were made to fit a Ranger first and later they decided they could put the Sport Trac logo on and sell them that way too.