Door striker adustmant.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hi guys. silly me, I did a poor job marking the position of the striker bolt before removing it. The bushings are not available. I cut a PVC pipe but can't find the correct place to put it. The door is usually too far open to run. (wind noise and rain inside) I have tried up, down, in, out, so far nothing works. Is there a procedure or just trial and error? The hinges seem ok!
Thanks help, please Ed

Ed, door strikers are held by captive nuts inside the B pillars. Try measuring the striker location on the other door for approximate location. If no luck, remove the pillar cover to get access to the nut. Plastic striker bushing must be very close to 9/16" outside diameter to work properly. Use an open end 9/16" wrench as a caliper to measure. Inside diameter is 7/16". Without replacing the complete striker most have had the best success with 1/2" PEX tubing that usually requires slight reducing.

.I made metal bushings around five years ago that are still working perfectly. Cleaning and lubing latches, locks, and hinges are a must for longevity.

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/door-latch-striker-bolt-bushing-kit.340603/post-3578440

Thanks for your help guys. I tired of making minute adjustments and bought a new striker $10. works great.

Bushings and pins are available.... Ebay and amazon sell them..... I have installed about 6 sets in the past 4 years.

Latest posts