Door Striker

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have been through this before but can't remember. Is there an easy way to adjust the door striker? The plastic wore out so I bought another and put it (I thought) just where the other one was. Ok so the door doesn't shut all the way and the door ajar light is on! There must be a way to do this, please help.
God bless Ed

swshawaii

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
Too late now but you should outline the striker with a pencil or felt pen (Sharpie) before loosening. Funny thing is the old striker usually leaves a very faint outline once removed. I guess not here.

It's trial and error now. Mark outside the door at the center of the latch opening and adjust until the striker catches. Outline striker location and adjust until you get it right. Took me about ten tries on each door until I got them right. I'm not a doctor, but this definitely takes "patience". Good luck.

curtis james

4 wheel drive
Reaction score
was typing similar comment as swshawaii, just did but ya also my loosen a bit, just enough so when door closes it will move to spot then tighten snug.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
'bought a new one from NAPA yesterday, and installed it this am. 'don't know why maybe God loves me but I put it where I thought it should be and it worked great. I must have tried 20 times with a different one and no good. I say don't waste your time, $13.00 is well worth it.
Thanks, folks Ed

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
The diameter makes a huge difference, it has to hit the switch in the door or it no work....

Latest posts