Doubled my Smiles per Mile

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LILFOOT

Reaction score
Installed Magnaflow #12586 over the weekend, and WOW !
Removed the Resonator and Muffler, and had a filler piece made up.
This paired with the Zabteck T/B, and K&N, has increased my Smiles per Mile by a Ton.
It is just as quite at idle, but any input of the skinny pedal, and it sounds like it should have from the Factory. Overall i am now at 15.5mpg/city and 20mpg/highway.
Up about 2-3mpg from the 91performance tune from Torrie.
#12586 has the Center input and Offset output to make the install a little easier.
Also because this is the longer 'quieter' muffler, i had to move my hangers a bit to keep it secure.

nice. can't wait to get mine finished. shorty headers , off road x, 2.5 in exhaust, 2.5 jones flow packs, quad tips.

Did you get in on the DOB buy ? I am in for the stage 1. Jason is an hour away from me, so all the stuff that doesn't crossover from the mustangs, he'll be able to help with.

No i missed out had to replace the furnace. For sure am in on the next one. You should do a write up when you put yours on.

Installed Magnaflow #12586 over the weekend, and WOW !
Removed the Resonator and Muffler, and had a filler piece made up.
This paired with the Zabteck T/B, and K&N, has increased my Smiles per Mile by a Ton.
It is just as quite at idle, but any input of the skinny pedal, and it sounds like it should have from the Factory. Overall i am now at 15.5mpg/city and 20mpg/highway.
Up about 2-3mpg from the 91performance tune from Torrie.
#12586 has the Center input and Offset output to make the install a little easier.
Also because this is the longer 'quieter' muffler, i had to move my hangers a bit to keep it secure.

did you go for stainless or aluminized? i modded a gibson exhaust for an explorer for mine and need to move the first exhaust hanger. not sure if i should move it on the frame of exhaust. tack welded the inlet and outlet an put a dime size hole in the inlet. going to have a shop do it right, if moving the hanger is a PITA

I went with stainless to match the rest of the system.
Moving the hanger is easy, its alot better than burning a hole in a brand new can.
Hardest part is getting pipe bent, unless you have access to a scrap pile of mandrel tubing.

I went with stainless to match the rest of the system.
Moving the hanger is easy, its alot better than burning a hole in a brand new can.
Hardest part is getting pipe bent, unless you have access to a scrap pile of mandrel tubing.

i was thinking take a grinder to the frame hanger and just re weld it where needed. its not connected right now anyway...