Drive shaft replacement.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Max

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
New to this group and I’m sure this has been discussed to death but I’d like to share what I did. My ‘08 ST Limited developed a growling vibration. My transmission guy told me it was the U Joints in the unserviceable drive shaft. I can’t believe they even make those but I found that unacceptable and wasn’t going to replace it with another unserviceable one if I could help it. Did a lot of research on line and blogs like this ( that is how I found this one). Low and behold I found a YouTube video of a 2008 Sport Trac drive shaft. You can search YouTube for it. It is from a company that builds high performance drive shafts for cars and trucks. It is called Tulsa Drive Shafts. They redesigned the shafts with replaceable U joints. Very high quality for about $650ish before tax, free shipping. I called them and talked to the owner and discussed some of my concerns. Super nice guy. I ordered the shaft and it came. The box was torn in two but the shaft un damaged. I have limited mechanical skills but after a few YouTube videos I dove under the truck. I was concerned about a few things that turned out to be not too bad. Most difficult was getting the bolts loosened. All in all it was not that hard and I took my time to not screw up. Had a little difficulty finding the Torque specs for everything but was able to locate with a friends help. Best of all I was able to do it all by myself and saved about $700 I think. I highly recommend Tulsa Drive Shafts. Check them out if you have the same issue. Max

Latest posts