DRIVER SEAT ISSUES

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Vincent

Reaction score
The side closest to the driver door is getting "worn out" from getting out of my truck (I'm a big boy). There is no damage to the outside of the seat but the foam on the inside is starting to drop down. In my defense it was starting to do it already when I bought the truck. Any ideas on how to fix this problem...other then a diet.

Thanks,

Peter

SST, what kind of seats are you gonna get? And will you be fabbing and maybe selling the brackets that you need? Mine's falling apart, foam falling out, plastic on the sides broken, etc.

Find a custom upholstery place close to you. They can put in new foam for you.

Jeff - I'm a distributor for XForce and I will pickup another vendor at SEMA. I'm going to use my trac to build the brackets as a template.

Probably going to do gray and black seats and then add a black/silver carbon fiber dash kit to compliment it.

yea i have the same problem im over 6 feet 230 lbs. i sort of bought it like that but i know ive made it worse the past year. im gonna have springs put in so it can be more of a bucket seat and the plastic by the door wont fall off as easy. i woulda done it byslef but i dont know how so im gonna have some ppl do it

My daughter did that to my passenger seat. She isn't that big, but always got out of the seat by swinging her legs out the door and then dragging her butt of the side of the seat and letting gravity drag her out the door. Both of her feet hit the ground together. I weigh more than her, and always raise myself out of the seat and exit sideways, left foot first and my truck had only slight signs of wear after 50K miles.

My rear seat clip broke several thousand miles ago, so the seat slips forward a bit. The foux leather around the hinges is nearly torn the whole length... <sigh>.... Ford Quality...

The fabric on my '03 Adrenalin with 44,000 miles is really shaggy and looks terrible on both front seats, mainly in the bolsters.

Shame on Ford for using such whimpy fabric on a TRUCK seat. :angry:

I still have the "rocking" seat on the driver's side too-- I guess this is just excessive play/slop in the seat tracks?

Last edited by a moderator: