DRIVER SIDE FRONT POWER WINDOW

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I HAVE A 2002 TRAC AND THIS WEEKEND WE WERE AT THE NASCAR RACE AND I HAD ALL THE WINDOWS DOWN, ROLLED THEM ALL BACK UP AND THEN ROLLED THEM DOWN LATER. WHEN I WENT TO DO THIS ALL THE WINDOWS WENT DOWN WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DRIVER SIDE FRONT. I CHECKED THE FUSES UNDER HOOD/SIDE DASH AND THEY ARE ALL GOOD. WHEN I PUSH THE D/S WINDOW BUTTON I AM HEARING A BUZZ/CLICK FROM UNDER THE DASH AND NOT FROM THE DOOR. IT SEEMS TO BE NEAR THE CONSOLE UNDER THE RADIO AREA. IF ANYBODY COULD HELP ME ON THIS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT GREATLY. THANKS AND KEEP ON TRAC'N. SHANNON

You've probably got a problem with the window itself. There are 2 plastic clips that attach to the door glass and they in turn bolt directly to the window regulator. These clips are glued onto the glass and have probably come loose. Can you lift the glass up and down by hand? If you get resistance when you do this the glass is most likely secure. You could also have a bad regulator or motor, when you push the button listen closely to the door, is the motor turning or not. Either way you'll probably have to pull the door panel to diagnose the problem or take it to a local glass shop or mechanic.

Latest posts