driver's seat help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luka H

Reaction score
First of all it's nice to be here. Have had my 07 Dark Stone Metallic V8 XLT for about 3 months now (pics soon). Love it.

So I was driving down the road the other day and all of a sudden the lumbar support on the drivers seat collapsed. Scared the sh!t outta me. Now when you turn the lumbar knob nothing happens. I havn't checked to see if this is covered under warranty or not. I would think something like this is very uncommon. I figured if anyone ever messed with seats before it would be here. Anyone know if this is fixable or where i could maybe buy a new seat if not covered under warranty? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, TracAnLoathing

You can probably find a seat in a salvage yard. Member named "CoastieJoe" has family that owns a salvage yard, and he can probably find one for you in your area.

Everything should be covered for 3/36, except oil changes, light bulbs and the like!

I have read on here and other sites that Fords had the problem of the "bladder" breaking

through the back of the seat frame, or something like that, causing the symptom(s) you

described. I have an '05 with the electric lumbar, and no problems yet. I use mine

somewhat often, with 23,000 miles. I've heard Ford had actually increased their

basic warranty on '07 models to 5 years/60,000 miles, or something like that. I know

my wife just bought an '07 Mercury Mariner, and she got her updated warranty card/

certificate in the mail last month (bought it in July) that she had the new warranty!

P.S... My wife's Mariner came in the Limited Edition "Lunar Silver".

You want to talk about a beautiful color!!!

It literally "glows" in the moonlight!:wub:

Here ya go, common problem on the 07. Then remember what tracnblack said, pretty much everything is covered for 3/36. Check my link for the post with other people with the same problem.