Driver's side window will not move.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again. My newest problem with my 2002 Trac is the driver's side window.

It won't roll down. When I press the switch (up or down), I hear a click under the dash, but the window does not move. I tried to trace the wires and I could find no shorts. The switch works fine. Any suggestions? Could it possibly be the window motor itself?

Ideas?

Thank you.

Have you checked for 12vdc from the switch. If you have the 12vdc to and output of the switch. I would also check for 12vdc at the motor when the switch is pushed.

If there is the problem is the motor.

Do the other windows work from driver's switch? If so that confirms power to the switches; now you have to sort whether the driver's window switch itself is bad, or the window motor. You cannot replace one switch in the driver's door - you have to buy the assembly of all four switches. I replaced that part on an 02 Trac and think it cost about $100, so you'll want to rule out the motor before buying that. You're going to have to pull the door panel. There are some good DIY videos on YouTube about window problems, so view a couple of those first. Outfit called 1A Auto Parts has some good videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem. It buzzed under the dash. The switch and motor tested good but the window wouldn't move. It turns out the wire was broken in the rubber boot/harness by the door hinge. I pulled them out and soldered a piece of wire on. Works great now.

Latest posts