Driveshaft lengths

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Gabriel

Reaction score
Looking for some info

anyone know the stock lengths of the Sport Trac 4x4 front and rear driveshafts?

or know of what Ranger/Explorer models fit the Trac?

Thanks!!!

ScottG

For the Gen 1, Ranger Supercab driveshafts should work as the Ranger has the same wheelbase as the ST, same engine and same transmission and transfercase. The ST is a rebodied Ranger chassis more then it is a modified Explorer chassis.

Don't think the Gen 2's share a driveshaft with any other Ford, as either transmissions are different or wheelbase isn't the same.

You could ask our sponsor to look up the ST drive shaft for you and then they can do a Look up to see what else that D/S fits... Dealers can do it, Most just don't want to..

Todd Z

01-05 Gen 1

07 and up Gen 2

Todd Z

My driveshaft brings all the girls to the yard, and dang right, it's better than yours.

I work in the parts department at a Ford dealer. The drive shafts are different for the Trac and the Ranger. At least, the part numbers are different. The catalog doesn't tell me the length of the drive shafts, but when I check the part number for the 2001-2003 Trac, it says that the drive shaft listed only fits the Trac.