DRL's for Gen1

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF PARRISH

Reaction score
I would like to have DRL's on my new-to-me '03 ST.... What are my options? Rewire the fog lights? Half-power headlights? Add on some aftermarket auxiliary lights? I'm curious what others have done....How are the Tracs' DRL's in Canada set up?

Thanks,

Jeff P.

Raleigh, NC USA!

There is (was?) a Ford kit to retro-fit Gen1 Tracs with DRL's.

I even bought one of the kits several years ago. However, I never got around to installing it, so I can't say how difficult it is to install. There are quite a few pieces and cables though.

Jeff,

I will look to see if the kit is still somewhere in the garage and still all there.

The problem is that I am currently recovering from a broken arm in September and have very limited arm mobility and flexibility so it will be a while before I can report on any success in finding it.

DoctorCAD,

I guess I'm just used to having them...my 03 1500HD Silverado had them.....and my wife's 98 V90 Volvo has full-time headlights.

Uncle Bob,

Thanks....there is no rush, absolutely at your leisure. I'm still very capable of twisting the switch. ;-P Just gotta work on remembering to turn them back off.

I looked into it on my old Trac, yes there is a module that can be added since all vehicles sold in Canada have to have them, but it is not cheap. About $350 plus labor as I recall. For that price I will turn the headlights on myself instead.

Latest posts