Dropping in to say Hi all

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area 51

Reaction score
Long time, no posting for me here...lots of names I don't recognize, and a few that I do. For those who have no clue who I am (and I am sure there will be plenty), I owned a 2001 ST, and was one of the first (not claiming to be the first, but one of the early ones) who lifted their ST with a Superlift lift kit. Had it at one of the early Louisville meets.

Might be coming back into the fold, the 2007 ST is looking sweet, checked out one on the dealer lot last night (albeit not a test drive yet).

Was in love with the moonroof, power rear window though, so it appears that I will be waiting until at least July before being able to do anything.

Anyone with an 07...just how much bigger is the bed now over the previous generation? I keep reading the deeper and wider, and looking inside, it certainly seems like the wheel wells take out less of a bite, but have yet to see an actual figure of how many inches wider, deeper, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
well I hope you get one and come back. Im hoping for one next year, but im also waiting for lifting opitions to become available. I just cant bring myself to drive anything at stock height hahahahaha

BigD,

You may be waiting a long time for lifts...as far as I know, there is no way to lift a vehicle (without being completely custom) with independent rear suspension. A body lift and coil spacers are about your only options and you will probably only fit 32" tires with that. I've yet to see the '02 and newer Explorers find a way and no Expy's either. Hence, I won't be getting a new ST unless it's only a pavement pounder.

If anyone knows different, please pipe up!!

Welcome back Area51!!

Don't forget about the axles going through the frame....

Todd Z

Looks bigger, Yes it is, Taller to be exact and slightly wider....

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

There is a lift kit available for the IRS Explorer. It includes struts, springs, and a few other parts. Cost?

$2 grand.

Tom

wider is good.

Not sure I will be doing a lift kit this go around...at least no time soon.

But the power rear window....well that I loved combined with the moonroof...could get a nice wind flow through, without needing the side windows down on the highway, so I am gonna have to wait for that to be an option...which Ford still shows as a July date.