Dyno tuning for a 4.0

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Ok so I have a bit of an issue here. In the near future sometime this summer I’m planning on supercharging my 2010 4.0 and along with that I need fuel injectors, a better MAF, a fuel pressure guage, etc… basically lots of planning and getting all the good stuff to make sure the engine doesn’t kaboom. But the one thing that I’ve been struggling to find is a shop that is able to tune everything correctly once it’s done. I’ve called multiple places that offer dyno and aftermarket tuning services but all of them decline me as soon as they hear the model of my car. I don’t really know what to do at this point I’m based near flint Michigan if that helps a little?

Thanks!

I’m not sure if Torrie @ Unleashed tunes 4.0’s, but he does tune the 4.6. I’ve used him for a few different vehicles/platforms, and he has always done very well. He does remote tuning as well.

Edit:
I meant to say, has has a lot of experience with this platform, but not sure if he has any with the 4.0 in particular.

Last edited:
Explorer Express used to offer a roots style kit for the 4.0. One of the original members had it installed and he went through some major issues. He was not happy with the results.

Google ModdBox. IIRC, a few 4.0L SOHC owners have their SC kit, but haven't read reviews because of the 5R55E drive train weaknesses in STOCK form. Added power to an already weak transmission didn't sound encouraging to me. GL