Ebay Chrome Exchange

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
I am getting ready to commit to the chrome wheels exchange offered on Ebay. Final comments please from the guys and/or girls on this site that have had this done on fit and finish and general thoughts on the matter.

You'll be paying about $600 to have your wheels chromed. Seems pricey to me. I'd first sell my wheels and with the money I get and the $600 I was going to spend, get a set of new wheels.

You got to make sure you have enough money for it. $475+shipping both ways which is a min. of $120 depending on where you live. Then you have an additional deposit of $300 which you may get back, unless they think that there is too much damage to the wheel. I thought about it too, they look awesome, but I it was kind of risky to rely on them to decide whether your wheels are in good condition or not.

C2

Try tom's wheels store on ebay. You can get a set of new chrome or polished for less than that and shipping is $75.00 anywhere in the US...

Personally I feel you can get a nice set of new 17" ST rims off Ebay for that or a set of aftermarket ones for the same price...

Todd Z

I've had no problems with mine after four months and thousands of miles. And that means no peeling and no cracking. I'm as satisified with them as the first day I got them. Here's a link to my original thread:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts