Ebay guru's out there

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan Tugby

Reaction score
If I buy a used lock/unlock key pad made by ford off of ebay will it work on my truck. The seller claims he it comes with directions to reprogram it to my truck.

Evan

My ford dealer tells me it won't. I want to add keyless entry with the remote and keypad and they said they can't make them work if it doesn't already have it. Someone prove me wrong and I'll get one too.

I think it only works if you have the key fob. Then you can add the number pad on the door..

I'm sure the "instructions" you pay for can be found on this site. It is true though, if your ST doesn't have the equipment for the keyless entry, the FOB on ebay won't do any good.

I think the easiest way to know if your ST can be used with a keyless FOB is to turn your ignition on (don't start the engine) and off 5 times. If the doors lock/unlock, you're in programming mode. If nothing happens, you probably don't have keyless capability.

There are Ford accessory KeyPads.. they just Stick to the door with 2 sided tape and have batteries.. you program thme just like a hand held transmitter.. they cost around $120 from ford.. i got the one for my wifes escape on e-bay for $50.. has been working for 2 years with no problems..

if it is used, he has to give you the 5 digit factory code that came with the keyPad.. you will need that to program..

troy

Last edited by a moderator: