EDIT: BIKE RACK SOLD, Caliper Still Available. 26 1/2 inch Vernier Caliper?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Listed many things on Ebay. These two items I thought someone here may have an interest in them.

BIKE RACK SOLD

Last edited by a moderator:
And the scale...

21ce30f6e4d91ba42f8ec1c6839daf1f.jpg

I just don't get eBay these days. In the last week I have had about 10 listings pulled due to high shipping costs. I considered none of them high. Most pulled items were $500+ and greater than 10 pounds with a $25 shipping cost which included handling & insurance.

Although I am not condeming your shipping cost, I just find it really frustrating that an item like yours could be listed and survive the eBay cirucmvention of fees Nazis while I list with a pretty accurate cost and get wacked.

Would like the caliper but no $ alloted for something like that right now. Good luck with your listings.

Hey Coastiejoe would you please check your database to see if there is any local yards parting sport tracs. Im in Oklahoma City and my zip is 73069. Thanks for any help Paul

Paul, yes I can do that. I just landed from London. I am off tomorrow, Monday. I will do it then.

As far as shipping price goes, I am not sure of the issue. In my case the combined price is about half or so of the total.

Best of luck to you in your future sellings.

As far as it getting pulled. Do you mean that ebay pulled the auctions as they felt the freight was too high?

Coastie: Yes eBay pulled em. This is just 1 of the ones that got pulled. Started the listing with a $30 ship or free ship with BIN. I changed shipping to $20 and relisted without problem. When I actually shipped it, it was $25.47.

Got this message...

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

Sony Playstation 3 - PS3 - 60GB System FREE SHIP W/BIN

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Circumvention of eBay Fees policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

Shipping costs: US $30.00

UPS Ground

Service

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has

been canceled.

Using systems and techniques to avoid paying eBay fees is not permitted. Fee avoidance, or "circumvention," is damaging to the online marketplace, punishes sellers who pay their fees, and damages members’ trust.

Excessive shipping and handling charges are not allowed on eBay because they can confuse buyers about the real cost of an item. Appropriate fees cover the expenses of mailing, packaging, and handling. To ensure that your shipping charges are not excessive, we recommend charging for the cost of the actual shipping and packaging materials. A small handling fee for the time spent packaging and preparing the item for shipment is also allowed.

For more information on the eBay Circumvention of eBay Fees policy, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-shipping.html

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

For more information on why eBay may remove auction-style listings, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

For more information on how you may ensure a successful listing in the future, visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/policies.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

WOW, I see exuberant shipping figures ALL THE TIME.

If yours really cost $25.00 to ship it then you were well within what even ebay considers an acceptable figure.

Sorry to hear of your issues...