EE Sway Bar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Teitell

Reaction score
I heard that putting on new sway bars can make you ride a lot better. Where can i buy one, and how hard is it to install one? Also is there one for the front and back and is there a better brand?

Thanks,

Brian

Its a simple install. You can buy it from Explorer Express. Hellwig makes one, but its not as thick as the EE. The stock front sway bar is fine, just the rear is flimsy.

www.explorerexpress.com

When you get it, make sure you install it, but have two supervisors and one executive officer oversee the install...

:D

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
That project was obviously not completed properly as I don't see a single beer within arms reach. Thats understandable for the installer safety reasons and all but for the supervisors and executive it's a serious lack of professionalism.

At the Trac meet in 2003, a member and myself installed his bar on his Trac. Did it in the parking lot at the hotel.

Simple install.

Tom

I installed mine on a sunday morning by myself and it was done later that day (had a problem getting the top bolt clips back on) but it was a pretty easy install it was my first time doing anything major on the truck and i have no expirence.

I recently installed a Hidden Hitch and noticed the the backend was much stiffer and the ST handled a lot cleaner. Will adding the EE improved that handling to justify the cost?

Dave

Dave, absolutely it will.

And if you tow, as far as I am concerned it is a MUST. It made a very nice improvement when towing my 2 Polaris Jet Ski's...

agree with all, ee bar is one of the most cost-effective mods/improvmnts that you can do to your truck's suspension... i have no mechanical experience and it took me about 2 hrs.... mainly because i was reading the instructions and making sure that the new bar would fit where the old one was... oh also, i had no good tools... just plires and sockets... i completed the job one morning just before going to work... yes i was a little late, but the driving fun made up for it... ;-)

about the hidden hitch mentioned before... i installed a "regular" towing hitch (from valley) and you can tell that both working together with the ee bar really add up to tight up your suspension/chasis; specially the rear end... so much so that when i drive off my driveway (which is inclined) i can hear the rear end trying to compensate and leveling while the front gets a little flex.

cornering is way better...

i got about 57k miles on my truck... and i'm thicking about replacing the shocks for moroe reflex; i've heard good things about them.

b.t.w. i drive an 01 x sprt. but i'm looking for a st... we'll see

Dave, I also installed my hitch and did notice a difference, BUT the sway bar is much more noticeable than the hitch....

Well worth the money...

Adam I know that pic....LOL

Todd Z

P.S thats me installing the bar!!..LOL :lol: