Egads!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blert

1st Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
2001 job 2
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I finally got the time to change my fuel filter, oil and spark plugs today. I also did the breather line mod. I had to go back to Advance twice to before I got the correct fuel filter. The first one they gave me must have been for a Job1 as it only had two lines coming from it. The second time they gave me one that had the three lines but it was way too skinny to fit in the bracket. Finally got them to cross-ref the part that was on the truck and they came up with a good part. Can't believe most of my morning was spent driving back and forth to Advance for a fuel filter.

Ford should have it's a$$ kicked for those darned "quick disconnect" fittings on the fuel filter. The two smaller ones came off fairly easy but that fat one at the top was a bitch. I recall it was easier to do it on my T-Bird and I used the 'ol three small screwdriver method back then.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Now it's time to clean the throttle body and IAC and a SeaFoam treatment (the T-Bird loved it when I gave it a SeaFoam treatment) and a short drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
They make little plastic clips you can slide on and it'll snap those quick disconnects free on the fuel lines (I spent 20 minutes trying to get the fuel filter swapped on my SVTF because of the same problem, but there was hardly any space to get my fingers in there, let alone anything else...then I saw those at AutoZone and about exploded). They come in a pack with 4 or 5 different sizes to fit most applications.

'04s only have one in one out...thats ford for you..I have had alot of fords but I have in the past found I had to use parts from a different year for repairs...

All done! :D It took me all day but I think it was worth it. The truck sounds and feels like everything is working much better. It looks like crap. :( White vehicles and maintenance don't go well together so now it's time it gets a bath. Me first though. ;)

2001 Job 2's also have just the 1 inlet and 1 outlet also.

Hmmm... I have a 2001 job 2 and it has the two inlets and one outlet. Fords are strange critters.

Latest posts