Electric Fan project

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Ayala

Reaction score
Jeff C,

I am ready to do the intallation of the electric fan on my 2003 ST but when looking at your project, it looks like you installed the electric fan without cutting edges to the fan shroud coming our of the ST.

Is this right? Then if so why did you show the picture demostrating how the fan should look after the cuts are made.

Please let me know, thank you,

Jose

The Picture he took with the fan inside the shroud was just to show it. The picture of the fan by itself is showing you how you should cut it. I left my fan a little big and had to go back and cut it some more after adjusting the bolts. I wanted to leave as much plastic on the old fan as possible._Ron

The most time you will spend is getting the old fan loose and wiring it in. I wired mine in so that both the speeds are usable. Low comes on first and then high as it warms while running. When you turn the engine off and the radiator heats up it will turn on to high and cool to low and then off._Ron

Latest posts