engine code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Pertz

Reaction score
First time I have had a check engine light pop on. 2003 4.0 with 32000 miles. Code is p0175 bank 2 too rich and I did a search but come up with nothing. Anyone had this problem? Any ideas? All help appreciated. Thanks

Don:unsure:

Thats a new one, Check the spark plug wires and maybe a plug on that side. It may be the 02 sensor in this case...

Can try injector cleaner too..

Todd Z

Go for the simple and cheap fixes first...

Take a look at the Air Filter, if it is dirty or plugged up, then the fuel to air ratio will be way off, thus, too much fuel.

Other items that cause a too rich code are.

Defective, plug wire, defective spark plug, a leaky injector. In most cases, the first two will also trip a engine miss code as well. The third normally will not until it gets so bad that it can not burn enough of the fuel and a miss is created.

Thanks Todd And Coastie, Ill try inector cleaner first as it has a new air filter. I change that every time I change the Oil at 3000. Have always used Pennzoil Synthetic and motorcraft filters. I erased the code and have driven about 30 miles since. Not back on "yet".

Thanks again.