Engine/driving suggestions...please help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Costin

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Sport Trac 4x2 bought new in October of 2007. I asked yesterday on a different thread if anyone is experiencing the same problem I am having when I get in my truck after it has been sitting for a while...the problem is that it jumps for a second or two when I slowly drive off.

Well, thanks to Rod and Ed for your replies and letting me know that you both have the same problems.

I wanted to continue this question because I would like to know if anyone has fixed this problem or knows of any solutions. I would love additional input before I take it to the dealer and get a line from them.

Please, please help!

My 07 4x4 limited is in the shop today for this same thing.... it also "lurches" at low speeds.....when coming to a stop and entering parking spaces. I am the second owner of the vehicle with 19,000 miles. When I dropped it off It appeared that the service manager printed some TSB sheets but I did not get a chance to see them. If they come back with a prognosis I will let you know what it is.

Just got word back. There is a TSB out on it. They needed to reprogram the ECU. They said they have done 2 others this week for the same thing. I will get the TSB number for you when I pick it up if someone doesent post it in the meantime. Good Luck.

Todd~

I picked up the truck TSB #08-4-16 I am not sure the did the driving procedure to reteach the transmission the shift points because it seems to shift a a high RPM 2000-2500

I have uploaded a copy of the TSB to my Library

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info from everyone! I have another issue that dealer has already ordered a part for, so when I take it in to have that fixed, I am going to hit them with this one as well:D I have had a few minor issues with the vehicle in the 4 months I've had it, they are probably cringing when I pull up!

Problems to date:

1.spider crack/chip in hood I noticed within 24 hours after I took delivery...they tried to blame it on me!!!!!!! I took delivery at night and just didn't notice...I think however that the dealership did it when I took it back in the next day because they hadn't fully cleaned it and I left it for a few hours

2. Leak around brake light on top...waiting on part to come in now.

3. Body panel around a front head light is loose...they are ordering new tabs since the part just kind of snaps into place!

Wow, this is the 5th or 6th TSB that has been released since the 07 V8 was released 2 yrs ago. Sounds like Ford is still working to resolve the 6 speed auto tranny's shifting issues....... Oh well, guess i'll schedule an appointment to have mine updated to this newest PCM/TCM program.

Been reading on Steeda and a few other sites. Some of this crap is ford has not perfected this drive by wire adaptive learning system involved with the 3valve motor.