engine farting

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I recently did the project on removing the intake silencer, but maybe a week since I did that my truck seems to "fart" right when I shut it off. I think the sound is coming from the passenger side of the engine compartment (probably the intake) but I have a nasty suspicion that it was brought on by me monkeying around beneath the hood. Is this a project that I shouldn't have done? Or is there something I should do before this causes further damage?

I liked the extra little growl it gives the s.trac, but if its gonna comprimise my engine its not worth it!:(

Some times the IAC pops at the shut off of the engine, and now with the silencer removed your hearing the rush of air flowing..

ToddZ

Woppy, I'm pretty sure everything went back the way it was supposed to. I will triple check tonight if the rain lets up a bit.

Todd,

So no big deal? or is there something that I can to do prevent that?

Thats why it is a silencer......

Performance sometimes shows undesirable results..

Todd Z

I removed my silencer and I had no problems, definitely no farting!:p Did you monkey around with anything else besides this?

If its passing gas, some tums or mylex might help. It may be an obstruction? Exlax will do the trick!

Hawaii,

Nope! No messing around besides tearing the silencer off. I don't really trust myself under there. Even though I'm mechanically inclined, I get awful nervous messing around with such an expensive toy!

Big Al,

Might try to force a few tums down the intake. I'll see if that does the trick ;)

Maybe we should start a farting Trac club. :lol: