Engine For sale make offer..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what year did that engine come out of, what is on the engine, and are u sure it was a good running engine? Are you willing to provide refund if for some reason it is DOA? I realize that is alot of questions. The reason I am asking is I have local yards with low milage engines and I can see what I am paying, will have to pay about 200-300 more though. But they also have a no run Guarantee. Anyway, Please let me know the details and we may work out a deal.

Thanks

james

James, just a heads up for interchange potential issues.

First, I can tell you that the engine that 23ballistic has will be great if it is anything like he keeps his vehicles. Top notch all the way.

That said, you have a 2001. Below are the options for your years. If yours is a Job 2 and newer as well as 23ballistic's then it should be just a matter of swapping out some external parts. If you have a Job 1 and he has a Job 2 then you will run into some issues. Some of the parts are actually on the other side of the engine..

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport Trac, thru 7/23/00

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport Trac, from 7/24/00

Hope it works out for you.

If not, let me know, I'll get some prices together for you.

James, just a heads up for interchange potential issues.

First, I can tell you that the engine that 23ballistic has will be great if it is anything like he keeps his vehicles. Top notch all the way.

That said, you have a 2001. Below are the options for your years. If yours is a Job 2 and newer as well as 23ballistic's then it should be just a matter of swapping out some external parts. If you have a Job 1 and he has a Job 2 then you will run into some issues. Some of the parts are actually on the other side of the engine..

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport Trac, thru 7/23/00

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport Trac, from 7/24/00

Hope it works out for you.

If not, let me know, I'll get some prices together for you.

Guys I know the engine is fine. I drove it to the body shop before we pulled it out. It has right around 48k last time I looked at odometer. I rarely drive it, usually at shows or back and forth to paint work:D The only reason I am selling it is because the 302 will be in soon. I sold the transmission to a customer here from work and he is very happy with it. I will even steam clean it here at work before we ship it to you. I will get my vin# and double check the production date for you over the weekend. Leaving all the fuel injection stuff on engine for you. The only thing I will pull is accessories. Alt, compressor etc....

I do have a job1. the engine is really not necessary right now. But, I have 147k miles on this engine. Not really dying yet, but better be prepared. Thanks for your input Coastiejoe.

Very very good information to know in case I don't get one right this minute.

James

Latest posts