Entire front end new and new worse problem now

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Ford

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I have new strut assemblies, upper extended a arms with uniball joints, similar to the truck lift spacers, lower control arms with lower ball joints, new axles, new power steering pump hoses reservoir and rack new hubs as far as I believe everything new. Now on test drive it looks like the axles are bent or the differential is bent causing the axles to flex. I’m not sure if my old axles were wore out enough to where I didn’t notice it maybe. Could the truxx style suspension lift be that bad? I bought the bdr I think upper control arms. I have new wheels and tires and an alignment for tomorrow morning so hopefully I make it there and home before the front differential explodes. Also the pressure line from the pump has a tiny white Teflon(i think) seal and it leaks cause why not. So I can seem to find one of the same size but there is a dorman replacement that I found but is a touch smaller in diameter. Is the dorman correct and I have to stretch it on or is there a Ford one I can get. What kind of gear oil I’m assuming does the front differential take? If you read it all sorry for being so long winded and I appreciate you reading it all. This thing just has all of my frustration.

Last edited:
One guess, What struts? Monroe quick strut or the Quick lift? Not the spacers, the actual strut.

From rock auto I ordered Monroe strut assembly and when I got them the box just said quick strut. Monroe was now where on the box or strut.

There is the problem.... the quick strut raises the truck 1" before the lift. the front suspension geometry is not 1 to 1. SOOOO your essentially too high in the front and causing axle binding issues. it may not be able to be aligned properly either..... Its a long story but i bet that's the issue. Why? I have seen it too many times already with the quick strut assembly and ANY lift. Truxxx has actually made custom spacers in the past for these but stopped because its a headache and dangerous to drive the truck like that,,,,, It sucks... Let me guess 3" truxxx too? also is the front sitting higher then the back now?