Escape 3.0L V6 Oil pressure sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
I have searched the net, Im stumeded.

Can some one point me in the right direction. Of the location of the oil pressure sensor.

My ex's oil light comes on at 750rpm idle. Stays off @ 900rpm and while driving at any speed.

At 106K miles I hope that it is the sensor.

Changed the oil and filter when it started. Thought I had a bad oil filter so I put another filter on.

Using all motorcraft parts.

Thanks, Eddie

Does it leak oil at the sensor? I had one that did on my 1977 Pinto Cruzin' Wagon and it acted weird so I replaced it once I found it. I can't remember where it was but it was in a weird spot on the motor IMO. Good luck fixing it Eddie!!

What year Escape Eddie? If different from 2005 3.0L let me know. See step #18

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, It is an 2008. The 303-01B-9 doc, figure 45 shows it. but not enough pic to understand the location. Thanks

For some reason, pdf layout is strange. #18 illustration is directly above #19 on right side of page. Regardless, 2005 may be different anyway. From the 2008 Escape manual:

Last edited by a moderator:
The new pic shows it above the oil filter. Maybe I missed it during the oil change. Wasnt looking for it then. That oil filter is right next to the cat-convertor on that side. Burnt my knukles, even with gloves on...LOL

I wont be able to get back to it until after Chrismas.

The only vid I found was a Taurus with the same motor. The poster was having the same problem. He showed the switch on top of th motor. Under the TB snorkel. The Taurus had the 24valve 3.0L before the Escape came over from Aussie. I like Fords but they always change things..LOL

Thanks and Have a merry Chrismas,,Eddie

The mechanics on flatratetech.com can probably help you. Oil disappeared out of my friends Escape a few years back after an oil change and engine seized< no drips in driveway. :driving:

Latest posts