exhaust question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sullivan VanWay

Reaction score
I have a V6 sport trac and I wanted to get an exhaust system, but my friend said that there is no way to make a V6 sound good, it has to be V8 or larger. Is he right?:wacko:

Use search.

You will find 1 million messages by Todd Z on how to make a v6 put out as much horsepower as a v8. Oh, you can find information on how to make it just sound better too.

Sal-V, I actually agree with your friend. There are a number of things you can do to improve the performance & sound of the exhaust, however, you will never truly get the rumble from a V6 you will get from a V8. Doesn't mean it won't sound better and perform better, just not quite the same...JMHO...

Les, IMO you're wrong. I've had numerous people tell me I was lying and ask me to pop the hood to prove it's a v6, most of these people with big lifted 1500s and F150s, as well as numerous Mustang owners...

I just have a 2.5 inch cat back with magnaflow muffler, and an airaid intake and I think it souds great. Not a V8, but worth it!