exhaust question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad H

Reaction score
Ok, i'm wanting to change up the exhaust on my ST. i'm thinking about just running 2.5" dual exhaust from the cat back with no mufflers, perhaps just two nice looking tips. i just don't want it to be ungodly loud or stupid sounding from a stock ST. has anyone done this or something similar? i really want to go for dual exhaust. any advice or constructive comments are appreciated...

btw- 04 ST, 4.0L 2wdr and everything is stock

There are a few members here who have ran cat-back duals with no mufflers. One in particular is Jeff C, whose Trac I heard at the Louisville 2008 meet. It's pretty loud. Also, if you want to run dual pipes all the way out the back, it's a tight fit, so you'll need to find someone/a shop who's really talented at bending pipes.

Click the link below to see pics of Jeff's exhaust in his library. There are also a few sound clips of his exhaust.

Here's another link that might help. It contains a bunch of sound clips of several Sport Tracs with different exhaust setups.

thanks TrainTrac for the links. i used to drive an eclipse with 2.5" exhaust and a "can" muffler and it was loud but manageable, i mean i only ever set off one car alarm when i drove by. lol i don't mind loud, just not airplane loud. i thought about exhaust like "Jeff's" too but i've got step rails that would hide those pretty tips. :)

2.5" tubing, no muffler. You will have no low end torque without the needed back pressure. Horsepower will be good at WOT.:lol:

dual 2.5 inch Flow 40..

Todd Z

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghBJma0Bap8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghBJma0Bap8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

well griff5268, looks like i spoke too soon. i didn't think there would be room to run that with the step bars. that looks pretty slick by the way, so props to ya. i hope you don't mind but i may have to copycat ya on that one. do you have the pipes running out on both sides or just the passenger side? i think running it out both sides would look cool, that is if the gas tank isn't in the way...

Hey Brad- First off, thanks. It only exits out of the passenger side. Duplication is flattering..lol. That said, I copied Jeff. Being the fellow he is, he crawled under and took pics for me the day I asked him about it (which I believe he has saved to his profile, and they are linked above). If you need me to get you some pics of the way mine is ran no prob. ;) Here's a shot a little closer..

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: