Exhaust Tip Suggestions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
Here is how I have the 2.5in pipe coming out the back now. I am thinking about putting a polished stainless steel~resonated~slanted cut~ 2.5inlet to a 3-4outlet tip on the end. I like how it currently just kinda pokes out from under the bumper but wanted to see what others have done and whether a resonated tip will in fact create a better rumble sound. Drop some ideas and pics if you can also! Thanks in Advance.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

P.S. I know shes a little dinged up... old gf back it into a 8 ft tall fence!!! :angry:

Edit~ And does a longer tip affect the sound?

Last edited by a moderator:
Woppy, I have the Flowtech Dual Resonated tip on mine. I like it alot. It's a 2.25" to a dual 2.5" outletsAs for tone, I think it keeps it from sounding "raspy". Doesn't seem to take away from the loudness. Here is a pic I have in my library, but I have others on my computer at home.;)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Flowmaster 40...Magna flow tips. Can't tell from the pic but they are angled tips. Prob not what you looking for specifically, but I can't miss a chance to show mine off too...lol :lol: