Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you will NEVER get the v8 sound... most duals on the 4.0 are snotty and raspy... the only true dual was the Heartthrob exhaust. You can make something else but its not worth it.

Can Duel Exhaust be installed on a 2004 Sportrac? If so what would be the best muffler to
use in order to achieve a V8 sound.
I have a 2010 Spots trac AD. when I went to a sports shop to my muffler hangers rewelded. when they put the truck up on the lift tec-head said I actually had 2 mufflers inline wasn't sure why. So he asked me if I wan't one taken off . I said I don't want to sound like boomer coming down the. road.So to make a one story shorter. He removed one . Man want a difference nice low roar. Plus a little better gas mileage. And yes it still meets NH emission . Good luck Joe

Removing the Large rectangle one on the front side is just a resonator. The round long one is the actual muffler.... I think that's only the V8 though.. the 4.0 exhaust may be different.

Removing the Large rectangle one on the front side is just a resonator. The round long one is the actual muffler.... I think that's only the V8 though.. the 4.0 exhaust may be different.
4.0 has a resonator also. System is the same as the V8 but the V8 uses larger pipe.
True duals are difficult to impossible to install on a Trac due to the fuel tank. On a 4x4 forget about it. Best move is to get a single-in dual-out muffler and use dual tailpipes. That said, it won't sound that good because the engine is a V6 and small. I have a 2.5" single with a Flowmaster DBX muffler that sounds great.

most duals on the 4.0 are snotty and raspy
I had a plan for true duals. I would start at the RT-Ypipe. magna-flo offset-offset cats. magnaflo X-pipe for the O2 sensor and equalization. Then I would offset my mufflers to make up for the fact the drivers side tail pipe would be longer. I was thinking on using 2" tubing for torque. or maybe 2 1/4". not 2 1/2", like my magna-flo cat back.
I was looking at over $600 for parts only. Then on day I heard a 4.0L mustang with the true dual package. It was snotty and raspy.
That was my turn off....😖

Latest posts