Explorer, TTL?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
So the other day I rode in my friend's 2000 XLS, and the thing had problems.

Go any speed over 60 mph, and the thing shakes like its having a seizure. I haven't been shook up like that since it was my job to use a tamper on construction.

Turning to the left, turning the wheel more than a half turn, makes a loud "clunk" from the front right of the car that you can feel throughout the ride, it's like the SUV was kicked by a mule.

Also, the CEL is on, for God knows why, though one reason is probably because the evap box hose is dangling down, getting dragged through the snow and slush.

Oh, and the tires are shot. There's so little tread that it looks like someone drew tread on a flat race tire with a Sharpie and put them on--there's no depth to the treads. Works great on snow and ice...:smile0010:

Any ideas what cause these issues? I don't think the explorer is long for this world, at the rate they're going :(

:smile0001:

Sounds like bad front end parts, suspension parts, bad tires, or drivetrain issues...

That explorer needs some TLC.....

Todd Z

Latest posts