Extended Warranty - Must I purchase it before factory warranty expires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian b 2

Reaction score
I have about 2K left on a 03 ST before the factory warranty expires.

Do I need to purchase extended warranty before it expires?

Also, I plan on holding on for another 2 to 3 years about (estimate 60-90K in miles)

What's the recommended plan to purchase from fordserviceplan.com if I don't wish to pay deductible?

Thanks.

This is my take on it.

If you're into performance mods, I'd recommend against it. Ford will use any excuse to void your warranty, so if you bring your Trac in for a legitimate warranty repair, and they find any modifications they can blame the problem on, they won't honor your warranty.

If your Trac is stock, then I'd say it's probably a good idea. Especially with the reputation our transmissions have.

A lot of times the bank that you financed through (IF you financed) will have an idependent company that they use for extended warranties. They will approve you for an extended warranty past your factory warranty. The only difference is that if you are within your factory warranty, they will sell you the extended warranty outright, with no questions asked. If you are within I think 20 or 30 thousand miles over factory, they will need to inspect the vehicle prior to selling the warranty.

This is from my personal experience. Hope it helps.