Extended warranty purchase?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Krusich

Reaction score
I am considering an extended warranty for my '07. Can it be purchased from any Ford dealer or only the dealer of purchase? If it can be purchased at any Ford dealer, does anyone have experience of which dealer sells at the best price?

If you wait 6month maybe less, you will get an offer from ford motor company. The offer I recieved in the mail for my '04 was, $400 less across all levels of coverage. The dealer was trying to rip me off for the same plan from fomoco.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember exactly how much i paid for my extended warranty but i can tell you it paid off 10 fold. i got the blinking light of o/d death and blew my tranny on my way home from work and it was covered for my low deductible of $100. while it was in the shop i got a rental to drive. before that i also blew the rear and that was covered as well for $100. also received a rental for that too. i have an 02 with 122k on it currently and thankfully it has been running great as my warranty has expired. i buy the warranty everytime because you never know and some repairs can get very expensive. this is the first time it really paid off to have the warranty.

the site listed below used to be a site sponsor and gave really good deals on extended warrantys.. saved me a bunch of money when i purchased the ESP for my 01...

troy

Steve, save your money. By law you can purchase an extended warranty up until the Original Factory Warranty expires no questions asked. No need to spend good money on something that you can't use for 5Yrs/60,000 miles. Who knows, your truck could get totaled (or whatever) and you wont see a dime of that money back.

If you have already experienced enough issues with your ST that you feel this coverage is needed, the best option might be to trade it for something else. Don't get me wrong, I love my ST but I don't think I would put good money after bad if the vehicle does not proove to be reliable. JMO

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

What Lil Red said!

Ford is supposed to buy back any portion of an ESP that is left if you want to cancel due to sale of vehicle, the vehicle's being totalled, etc.

I bought mine online from Spartan Lincoln Mercury, which I believe was through the website offered in an earlier reply. It was the cheapest price I could find, but the problems I am experiencing from that sale have made it not such a good buy after all. I recommend much caution and calling Ford right away if the paperwork isn't in your hands within two weeks of purchasing from them. Also, I think they have currently stopped selling online anyway; I don't know if that will be permanent.

TNTrac- it is a prorated when they pay you back and there is a fee tacked on as well. I know this from experience. I got rid of my 03 lemon right after the warranty expired and I got less than half of my ESP back because they consider it as starting at 0 miles. So even though I had technically not used it yet it was already half used up by the time I was going to start using it. I will never waste my money on one again.