Extended Warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think I have my transmission problem fixed. The shop I took it to after Aamco did a flush and it seems okay now (fingers crossed). I want to get an extended warranty through Ford to play it safe. Since I am at 41000 and out of warranty I guess I will have to take it in for an inspection. Once they inspect it and okay the warranty that should eliminate any 'previous condition' excuses in case I have any problems, I guess.

Any thoughts/comments on this would be most welcome and thanks for all the good info in the past.

Not sure if you can do it after you are out of warranty with Ford, maybe with an aftermarket? Honestly, at this point, I would put the money for the warranty in the bank and just leave it there, but it's your choice. You have an 04, so it is what, maybe 2 yrs old? How long left on the loan?

I was rather disappointed with my Extracare warrantyh from Ford on my DW's Merc Sable. Everything that failed seemed to not be covered, even though it was the middle of the road warranty (no sensors were covered), but it did pay for itself since I got a new tranny out of it.

Latest posts