• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

EZLift Group Buy $ $ $ SAVE $ $ $

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard L

Reaction score
The LeverLift Company is excited to announce a special “Summer Sale” Group Buy on EZLift 4X4 Ford hard tonneau cover lift kits. Just in time for the National Meet in Dallas. Even if you can’t make it to Dallas, it’s a great deal.

This is the EZLift 4X4 deluxe kit with four gas springs and all the mounting hardware to lift and hold up the front and rear cover halves.

EZLift 4X4 kit Regular member’s price is $120 plus $15 shipping (Total = $135).

Group Buy Sale price is $100 plus FREE shipping (Total = $100). That’s a $35 savings.

No other discounts or coupons apply, and no other kits or LeverLift accessories will be available during this sale event.

In order offer this kind of discount, I will need a minimum of 4 orders to offset the cost of ordering and shipping the parts from my supplier. After that, the more orders, the merrier!

All orders must be placed via my PayPal account: [email protected] by midnight on Saturday night August 20, 2005. eChecks must clear PayPal by the August 20, deadline.

On Sunday, August 21, 2005 I will place the order with my gas spring supplier for the required parts, which they should be able to process early Monday morning. I should get the parts by Thursday, August 25, 2005 and will pack and ship orders on Friday and Saturday. Everyone should get their orders by August 31st or September 1st at the latest for most parts of the continental US. Hawaii & Alaska may take an extra day or two.

Everyone will be emailed when their order ships.

If I do not receive the required 4-order minimum my the August 20 deadline, anyone already paying will receive a full refund using PayPal’s no-charge refund option.

So go to the Group Buy page and sign up and then send your $100 PayPal payment via my account: [email protected]

…Rich

The LeverLift Company

Richard, I showed the gang at the meet mine, but it's not installed yet. I can hardly wait till it is!

I'm hoping it will be installed before the Dallas meet! That's a great price!

I think is one of the nicest mods anyone can do for their oem cover!

RichardL

That a GREAT DEAL !!..........(Got to love this site !)

How hard would it be to remove the cover if I had your kit installed ??

GM,

This particular group buy is for the EZLift (gas springs).

But what you wrote still rings true!

lol Mookie true, I have the EZ lift kit too, it was on my back seat at the meet,

Richard I showed them your EZLok system! ;)

Mookie glad you made it back home!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cajun,

The gas spring mounts are quick release "Ball and Socket" style with locking caps. Simply pry the cap off with a small screw driver (I use a key) and the gas springs simply pop on/off the mounts. The whole procedure only takes about 10-15 seconds per gas spring. You don't even have to disconnect both ends of the gas spring, just the upper ends of the gas springs that attach to the tonneau cover.

GM,

Thanks for your support and I'm glad you like your kit. Now get it installed! it only takes about 30 minutes with common hand tools. :)

...Rich

Tuck4Sure,

I do make and EZLift-AC kit for the Advance Cover. It's very similar to the Ford OEM hard tonneau cover except the gas springs are different because of the lighter weight cover. Cost to members is the same $120 plus $15 shipping.

I have not had any Group Buy's for the EZLift-AC because I only sell about 2 or three kits a year compared to about 100 EZLift-4X4 kits for the Ford OEM hard tonneau cover. I don't sell enough EZLift-AC kits and doubt that I would get the necessary 4 or more orders to offset the shipping cost from my supplier to make it possible to reduce the price.

Perhaps I will try and EZLift-AC Group Buy next month and see how many interested Advance Cover owners are interested.

...Rich

What does the leverlift 4x4 look like? I don't see it listed on www.leverlift.com. I am interested on the tonneau mounting points in relation to where my existing 'first edition' leverlift mounts are located.

bobkunkle,

The new upper mount is installed about 6 inches further from the hinge than the old mounts that were on the corners of the molded inner frame. The new upper mounts use a side strap that prevents the mounting screws from pulling out.

This is the 3rd generation of the original LeverLift. The new EZLift does not use any levers or moving parts (except the gas springs). The EZLift uses a mounting plate that is installed using the existing bolts and threaded holes in the sides of the bed as did the original LeverLift but no levers are used. This also eliminates the problem of the lever getting loose and scratching the sides of the bed. The new EZLift uses longer gas springs on both sides of the cover for a much smoother more reliable operation. After 18 months of sales, I have not received a single report of a failure, screws pulling out, or any complaints about any parts used on the EZLift kit.

Gary D,

I received your PayPal payment. Thanks

...Rich

I have added the EZLift Install Instructions and Photos to my Library. So if you need to know how the kit is installed, what it looks like and how high it will lift the cover, it's all available in the EZLift Install folder.

...Rich

GM,

30 minutes? Maybe for Rich, but you may want to allow more time. ;)

For example, I was simply unable to feed a leader wire from the bed, down in front of the rear wheel liner. There just wasn't enough space in there. After struggling with that for a while, I finally unscrewed and pulled the entire wheel liner down, just to gain enough elbow room to work, and to see what I was doing. Then, reinstalling the wheel liner and lining up all the screw holes became a project all by itself. :p Because of those problems, just installing the main wire harness took me about an hour - start to finish. I have a 2002, so maybe the newer Tracs have more space under there.

Rich provides enough wire from the disconnects in the bed to the lock actuators, to follow the perimeters of the tonneau lids, but I found that you can actually run the wires directly across under the diagonal braces. It's easier than making those 90 degree turns, and you can simply stuff the excess wire back inside the lid bracing, out of site. I ran all my wires inside the lid because I prefer a cleaner look. You may chose to leave the wires exposed on the outside, in which case, ignore what I just said. :)

The EZLok is a great mod for those with the Ford tonneau cover. Rich's design and engineering skills amaze me. His instructions are very thorough, but if you need help understanding any part of the install, let me know. I just finished installing mine, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind. Of course, Rich is probably a better resource, and he is always just an e-mail away.

GM,

I think you might be confused. :wacko: The 30 minutes install time I told you about is for the EZLift tonneau cover lift kit. The EZLift kits is what is on sale in this Group Buy

The EZLok is a different product that is the replacement electric lock system for the tonneau cover that connects to your existing power door locks. The EZLock install will take about 1-3 hours depending upon your skill. Thats why Eric P was talking about pulling wires through the tonneau cover and down between the bed and the rear fender to connect to your power door lock's lock/unlock wires located under the rear door sills.

Eric,

It's much easier if you use a stiff fish-wire to thread through the fender or the tonneau cover, and then tape your wires to the fish-wire and pull the fish-wire and the wires will follow. Similar to how electricians pull wires through existing walls in you house. :D

...Rich

Still a good deal on the EZLift group buy. I have that too. :)

:lol: yeah, Mookie got me on trac with EZLift, and EZLok, but I just wanted to mention your EZLok b/c it's such a nice product. (oops sorry to change the direction of your original post!) :)

Rich,

I was using a wire coat hanger, but like I said, it was just too tight in there. I could hear it rattling around, but I could never see the end of it poking out anywhere in view. I got around the problem by dropping the wheel well liner, but the liner is not as easy to put back, as you might think. :wacko:

I mentioned it as a possible work-around for anyone else who has the same problem I had.

Eric,

I think the coat hanger might have been too thick and not flexible enough. I use a regular flat electician's fish-tap which can be turned on edge to go around corners either left or right with a lot more control. I also have a piece of 14 or16 gauge bare copper wire that works like a coat hanger but it's a bit more flexible. But, if those fail, the best alternative is to loosen or remove the fender liner as you did. :D

...Rich

I saw only three photos of the lock in your library and didn't see any mention on your website.

Where can I get more information on the lock?

Thanks

Latest posts