F-150 5.0 and 10R80 Drive into 2010 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I want swap the drive train for a 2024 F-150, 5.0 Engine, 10R80 transmission and 4×4 transfer case into a 2010 SportTrac the currently has a 4.6l V8 engine, 6R80 transmission and original 4×4 transfer case.
Has anyone tried this?

My understanding is the only squeeze point is the right side header.

Intend to use the PCM from the F-150 and have a custom wiring harness.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about doing something similar in the future, my 4.6 has 332,000 kms (200,000+ miles). Still running strong, but.....
The 5.0 seems like a natural transplant for my STA.
The one thing I would caution is the 10R80 transmission.
I have a friend who owns a transmission shop and says they are plagued with problems, as with most of the newer transmissions.
You might be better off sticking with a 6R80, a much more reliable transmission from what I understand. I had over 300,000 trouble free miles out of the one in my last F150. It was a work truck, not treated gently.
Just my thoughts.
Please, keep us updated on this project if you go through with it.

Good thought, but the PCM is for bothe the later 5.0l and the 10R80. I have read the same about it and it is a concern so I have and am still considering sticking with the 6r80 because it has been very reliable. Thank You and I'll post my progress.

Latest posts