Factory sub size...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrlunchbox

Reaction score
I am considering buying a "cheap" sub to upgrade that factory one behind my seat. That coupled with removing the door and back panel (Thanks to Eddie) should yield a little more bass. My two questions are A) What size is the factory woofer and B) what color is the hot and neutral of the wires connecting the sub? Thanks in advance for the help!!! :grin:

I think the OEM size is 8". Not shure about depth. I will have to check my wiring manual on wires.

Many times the speaker is marked.

Thank you! I was fairly sure that the size for behind the seat was 6.5''. I wanted to be sure before I purchased one. Now does anyone know the color code for the woofer wiring?

I took mine out so long ago i can't even remember the colors. Red is hot though, the other wire was negative. Can't remember if it was black or blue but that was negative

I wanted to do the same, but someone alerted me that the factory amp for the behind the seat box is very weak, are you planning on using that amp still? Or are you upgrading that as well?

And while I'm here, and its related, does anyone know the stats on the factory sub? Sorry if I'm threadjacking

Latest posts